Looking for a project for students to demonstrate their knowledge of and ability to synthesize information surrounding the 5 themes of Geography? Here it is!
This is a project-based country study on the South American country of Paraguay focusing on the 5 Themes of Geography: location, place, regions, movement and human/environment integration! There are a lot of country studies but .
This study will ask students to ‘think like a geographer‘ in their research and recording. Using this resource, students will…
- – Learn about the country of Paraguay
- – Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to synthesize information and write about Paraguay through a 5 themes of geography lens.
- – Create a wonderful project displaying their learning.
This resource 18 page resource is perfect for any geography classroom and can be used for 5th – 12th grades!
Sample questions include:
- – (Location) Describe the relative location of the country.
- – (Location) What is the latitude and longitude of the capital city?
- – (Place) What major landforms are found in the country?
- – (Place) What is/are the climate type(s) of the country?
- – (Regions) When considering this country, describe and give examples of at least one type of functional region within it.
- – (Movement) Describe any historically important migration patterns of information you have found about past or current migration for this country. You may include internal, external migration, emigration, immigration, return and/or seasonal migration.
- – (Human/Environmental Integration) Give examples of how people who have lived in this country changed or modified the environment.
Please note: Students will need to understand the 5 Themes of Geography to complete this project.
My Teaching Library has many additional country studies just like this one!! Here are just a few:
- Switzerland Country Study | Notebooking Unit
- Austria Country Study | Notebooking Unit
- Colombia Country Study | Notebooking Unit
See all available country studies with this same format here!
BECOME A LIFETIME SUBSCRIBER AND NEVER PAY FOR ANY PRODUCT ON MY TEACHING LIBRARY!
Learn more about My Teaching Library!
BE the FIRST to know about NEW Products by joining the…
My Teaching Library FB group
Posts are made in this group first!!