In 1st grade and again at the beginning of the 2nd grades, students are expected to add and subtract with sum and minuends to 20. To help students gain insightful understanding (and not just facts), the use of blocks to help them visualize the addition and subtraction problems is very beneficial. My Teaching Library has a 10 page pdf (download, print and use) workbook to help students gain the practice and understanding they need for this skill…
This workbook includes:
- 5 addition worksheets each including 12 problems to solve with visual blocks plus one addition problem for students to solve without blocks. For this final problem, students are asked to draw blocks to show their understanding.
- 5 subtraction worksheets each including 12 problems to solve with visual blocks plus one subtraction problem where students are to label the minuend and the subtrahend.
- Answer keys
Related products you may also like:
- Addition and Subtraction for 1st Grade | Sums and Minuends to 20
- 3 Addend Addition | Sums to 20
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems | Numbers to 20
- Addition for 1st Grade | Sums to 20
- Math Card Games | Addition and Subtraction
- Subtraction for 1st Grade | Minuends to 20
BE the FIRST to know about NEW Products by joining the…
My Teaching Library FB group
Posts are made in this group first!!