Ready to add some fun to your classroom for Groundhog Day? Here is a collection of fun activities that will have your students learning!
Create engaging lessons celebrating Groundhog Day this February and help student while ! Students will practice handwriting skills, syllable work, critical thinking, sentence writing, predicting and graphing and learn the parts of groundhog and fun facts such as groundhogs are also known as woodchucks, how long they live, where they live (habitat), what they eat and more!
What you’ll find in the product…
- – Several handwriting pages are included. These range from writing the word, groundhog, writing associated vocabulary and a one page explanation of ‘Phil’ and how he predicts the weather based on his shadow. Handwriting copy work pages are in two styles (differentiated) – manuscript and cursive.
- – A couple comprehension worksheets for students to complete based on the ‘Phil’ passage
- – Several ‘guided questions’ writing pages for students to answer questions, make predictions, and give their opinions.
- – A couple themed writing paper for students to use for creative writing or reports.
- – Group predictions worksheet to graph student predictions
- – Labeled ‘parts of a groundhog’ poster (or) coloring page
- – Syllable worksheets (using related vocabulary)
- – Science learning page about the lives of groundhogs
- – Comprehension worksheet to be used with the Science learning page
- – – Art page for students to draw a groundhog and a groundhog’s burrow
- Vocabulary Word Search
- – Paper bag puppet template
Here are related Groundhog Day resources that you’ll also love…
Groundhog Day Reader and Activities | February Lessons
>> Learn more about My Teaching Library! <<
BE the FIRST to know about NEW Products by joining theMy Teaching Library FB group
Posts are made in this group first!!